Thursday, July 28, 2016

My shoulder, Tokyo and things to come...

I ran into Allison Chang a few months ago and their family is always traveling.  They had just returned from Nepal and I asked her if a seven year old is able to appreciate a cultural experience and she said enthusiastically YES!  So I started thinking about a trip for us, Will and thought Tokyo was a good choice.  So tomorrow we depart on our first big adventure together and we are both so excited!  We are going to ten days and are staying in Shinjuku in the midst of it all.  Much more to come.

In other news, my shoulder has been steadily worsening and I had an MRI recently.  I went to see my doctor for the results yesterday and he ordered active rest.  So I am officially off work starting now.  I am hoping that this time off will rest my shoulder enough to heal.  It has been sore for ten months now!  The diagnosis from both the ultrasound and the MRI is superspinatus tendinosis so that is pretty definitive.  I am on a list to have a steroid shot by one of the orthopedic surgeons in the hospital under giudance but apparently that is months away.  So for now I guess I am a kept woman, and that does not agree with me.  I feel adrift.  We will see how I feel in time.  I am so happy to get to spend more time with my boys of course.  But I also want all the best things for you in life and so I am torn.  

Sayonara!

No comments:

Post a Comment