Thursday, July 28, 2016

Charlie is Four!

Charlie, you birthday was the day after school ended and fell on the first Saturday of our summer at the cottage.  On the Friday night I tucked you into bed and told you that this was the last night you would be three.  That when you woke up the morning you would be four.  And you were very quiet and processing this, I think it really threw you for a loop.  So you repeated, tomorrow morning I will be four, and I said yes.  We went over that many times.
In the morning you ran into our bedroom and asked excitedly "Am I four?!"  We said yes, you're four!  And your face was priceless:

 Then you saw the pile of presents we left on the kitchen table for you:

 

Lots of fun things to be had, and of course cash for your piggy bank.  Everyone you meet since then hears that you have $200 in your piggy bank at home...


 We celebrated your birthday at the Drinkwater Restaurant down the road and we even had a Minions cake just for you.


We had such a fun weekend at the cottage.  Oh as an aside I should explain the fitbit watches situation...
Another gift I gave Dad for his birthday this year was a Fitbit watch that can track calories burnt, heart rate, stairs climbed, steps taken and even sleep quality.  Will, when you saw it and got in the info on it you had to have one.  We ordered you one on Amazon and you paid us out from your piggy bank, nearly $300.  It was what you really wanted, we discussed it at length and it is your money to decide.  I thought the week waiting for it to arrive would kill you.  Every morning you would come into our room asking "Is my Fitbit going to arrive today?"
Finally you got it and frankly, your stats are unreal.  You often to get 10,000 steps by noon.  No wonder you can't keep any fat on you!  Some days I get home from work (Oh right, I got one too...) and you check how many steps I've taken that day.  Sometimes it's in the 2000s and you look at me asking "2000?" with disgust.  Ha!  So I tell you "Will I sit and work all day!"  But you are still incredulous.
That bring me to this photo.  You and dad started going up and down these stairs as a sort of competition.  Will, you got to 250 and Dad did 215.  We went for dinner and put you boys down for the night.  Then Dad went back outside in the near darkness and all I could hear about footsteps on the back stairs again....he just couldn't be outdone but you!
In the morning when you came into our bedroom the first thing Dad said was "Check this out."  He had done 300.  You were shocked!  Oh dear, once again, I have no idea where you get your competitive side from...



No comments:

Post a Comment